Residents and businesses in Babraham and Sawston are being asked to have their say on road safety improvements at the A1307/Babraham High Street junction. The proposals include
- Banning the right-turn from Babraham High Street onto the A1307 (towards A11) and widening the existing island on Babraham High Street. Vehicles wishing to turn right would instead turn left onto the A1307 and turn around at the Babraham Research Campus roundabout.
- Making the pedestrian crossings in the junction area safer by realigning and reconstructing the existing footpath crossings. This would make it safer to access the bus stops along the A1307.
- Reducing the speed limit to 50mph between the Babraham Research Campus roundabout and the A11.
- Lengthening the right-turn lane on the A1307 for traffic turning into Babraham.
Residents and businesses in Babraham and Sawston will receive a flyer through their door. Further information and detailed plans are available online
Please click on the folowing link for more information
A1307 Babraham junction exhibition - Sawston
6:00-8:00pm - Spicers Pavilion, Cambridge Road, Sawston, CB22 3DG
A1307 Babraham junction exhibition
7:30-8:30pm - Babraham Primary School, High Street, Babraham, CB22 3AG
The deadline for comments on the proposal is MONDAY 15 JULY 2019 you can either;
Post: Greater Cambridge Partnership, SH1317, Shire Hall, Cambridge, CB3 0AP
The Greater Cambridge Partnership identified 3 strategies that would attempt to improve the infrastructure in Cambridge and South East Cambridgeshire and provide “faster, more reliable and high-quality public transport links”.
The public consultation period for this study started on the 9th of February 2018 and ends on the 9th of April 2018.
Below highlights a few of the key proposals in the strategies that would directly impact on Linton;
- A peak-hours-only bus lane along the A1307 towards Haverhill on the approach to the Linton Village College (LVC) junction, safety improvements at the Grain store and Dalehead Foods.
- Upgrade the LVC junction traffic signal system
- Modify the traffic signal at the A1307/High street junction to ease the access of buses from the High Street to the A1307.
- No right hand turn (except buses) from the High Street on to the A1307
- Separate consultations to ease buses movement in the village
For the full details of the Transport Study please click on the following link to open the leaflet..
The deadline for the Public Consultation of the 9th of April 2018 is fast approaching, so it is important to have your say!
Please click on the link below to complete the on-line survey